meds impacting transmission statistics?

"The risk for HIV transmission per episode of receptive penile-anal sexual exposure with an HIV-positive partner is estimated at 0.1% to 3%."

Would this risk be higher if HAART was never developed?

Is HIV in the third world more easily transmitted due to a higher average viral load, since most of the infected are not on HAART?

Let me give your some data from a very recent study from UCSF (University of California, San Francisco), my alma mater. A 2004 study of young gay men spanning the advent of HAART (1994 to 1999) concluded that meds reduce HIV transmission by 60%. That's the good news! The bad news from the same UCSF HAART study showed that these young guys engaged in twice as much unprotected anal sex, causing the HIV infection rate to plateau instead of plunge. I'll let you draw you own conclusions from that data.

Je suis fini: j'ai rate ma vie..
Permission de "ah-wouhou-er" ?