I want to WHOOO HOOO but I cant. Please Help.

Hi Dr. Bob,

My exposure was oral sex on a female stripper. I was sitting in a recliner with my head back and she was standing over me when this took place. It only lasted a few moments. Also, she wasn't on her period and she wasn't very wet. I didnt think at all about putting myself at risk until the drive home when I realized what I did. You see, I married with children and the guilt started immediately. I didnt want to risk my family so I told my wife and I proceded to get tested.

I looked up the hiv national testing webpage and it gave me a list of testing sites in my area. I didnt know much about HIV so I took their word about the testing. They gave me all the information, widow periods, etc... They were very helpful. I told them I couldnt wait for the 3 months so they told me about PCR testing and that it was conclusive after 28 days. They also said it can detect the virus after a few days. I thought this is great so I proceded to take the test at 10 days and 28 days. To my surprize, both test came back negative. I was some what releived with the results but I still felt like crap. During the waiting period I built up so much guilt and aniexty that I convinced myself that I was infected. The testing site said I was definetly not infected and said get on with my life. I tried that and went back to having unprotected sex with my wife on a couple of occassions. I still didnt feel right so I started researching the web and came across this web page. I started researching and found that the DNA PCR test wasnt approved by the FDA for Diagnosing HIV. I was a little pissed off that the testing site told me it was conclusive. After that, I started to worry again like most people do when they feel they maybe infected and now maybe infected their loved ones. With that, I started to test again with the antibody test. I tested through my doctor with a 3rd generation test at 7 weeks and it was negative. However, I now knew the window period was at least 3 months maybe more. I wanted to continue testing but my doctor wouldnt do it because he said it wasn't necessary so I came across the Home access test. I've tested 3 times with the it at 9, 12, and just last week at 15 weeks, and all were negative. However, I'm not convinced that I'm still 100% free of HIV and I still cant WHOOOO HOOOO. The reasoning behind this is because of the way I feel and recent health issues with my wife. I've had a cough ever since this happened and nausea at 7 weeks for about a week than it disappeared. Now it's back again and I dont know why. I have pain in my lymph nodes under my arms and in the front on my neck just above the collar bones. I get pain in my biceps and I can feel a little lump or node in them. I am bruising a lot easier, and I have noticed some very light tan color lessions that look like dry skin on my side, my leg, and behind my knee. What really scares me the most is what happened with my wife a week ago. She had headaches, loose bowels, sore throat, sinus infection, and a eye infection all in the same week. Everyone says it's stress but I dont know how stress and aniexty can cause so many problems with both of us. Also, were both having a lot more stomach noises and indegestion than normal.

Do you think this is all from stress or should I continue to test? Also, what about HIV2? The stripper was from Russia I think. I'm not sure if HIV2 is present their but it's really starting to concern me. I really need your advice because I value your opinion greatly. Furthermore, how accurate are the Home access test with only a few drops off blood?

CAN I WHOOOOO HOOOOOO or should I continue testing?

No matter what the outcome a donation will be sent out shortly. Keep up the great fight. Your the best.

Sincerely,

Living on a prayer

If you've been reading my responses and the archives, you probably already know that oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. Your 10-day and 28-day negative DNA-PCRs plus your seven-week negative ELISA plus your three negative Home Access tests are absolutely definitive. You do not have HIV disease no how, no way! Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV ARS.

Is the Home Access test accurate? Yes, both sensitivity and specificity approach 100%!

Should you continue to test? No, abso-frickin'-lutely NOT!

Should you WOO-HOO? Yes, abso-frickin'-lutely yes!

What about the symptoms? If your doctor has checked you over and given you the all-clear, just "furgettaboutit."

If you can't "furgettaboutit," get some counseling to help you "furgettaboutit" and to accept your definitive HIV-negative status!

Thanks for your donation. It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated (www.concertedeffort.org).

Excessive Worrying
Its not a skirt damnit