Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Excessive Worrying
Jun 11, 2004

Dr. Frascino:

I want to commend you and this site for giving good advice and actually taking the time to resond to people in need of answers. Also, I love your humor (enough reason to read the entries alone).

I just wanted to comment on the excessive amounts of people who have this "worry wort" problem. I to fit into this category but I have been getting better. About three year's ago when I had my first sexual experience I became so paranoid after that I nearly passed out and caused much grief to my partner (who had been tested prior to our sexual encounter just for me). Reading these forums has helped me since I don't feel alone. It is as if guilt and other reasons are the real reasons we worry and not because of an actual risk. I recently had an experience where I received unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex. I felt the "worry wort" feelings coming on strong and am really fighting them by reading these forums and getting informed.

PS: I read a sign on the freeway that said "when clinton lied no one died" I thought you'd like that.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the excellent work!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

No, you are certainly not alone in the "WW" club, although we definitely encourage WWs to join our X-Files (ex-worried wells) at their earliest convenience. By the way, we cordially extend that same initiation to you! You'll find the X-files a happier, much less anxious club!

Your HIV risk is minimal and remarkably similar to many others whose stories you can read in the archives. I should quickly mention 100% of the folks who have written in with "unprotected insertive oral and protected insertive vaginal" risk have subsequently tested HIV negative! That doesn't mean that there is absolutely no risk, but rather again demonstrates that the risk really is remarkably low. Statistically, you should be joining our X-Files very soon!

Thanks for the Clinton quote! How true!!! How true!!!!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
F*** that arsehole that talked to you bad :@:@:@:@:@
Next
I want to WHOOO HOOO but I cant. Please Help.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.