Getting to Woohoo

Hey Dr. Bob,

I'm back to the forum again. I am following up on my May 13th posting "HELP AGAIN! I need your expert Mental Health Advice".

The good news is that at 13 weeks I took a Home Access Test and I'm negative!! WooHoo!!

Like everyone else here, I went through the internet and found that I caught every other STD known to man kind. Even latient TB!! Crazy!!! There is some scary looking shit out there. So, at week 13 I went to an STD specialist in LA and my dermatologist (I have a little chafing near the base of Mr. Wiggly) and got a clean bill of health from them as well (STD tests came out negative). Woohoo again!!

The marriage is still on the rocks, but I am happy to say that we are making a run at working this out. If I had to do it all over again, I would have kept my big mouth shut and went to therapy to work out my guilt. It hurts me more then anything to see the pain I caused my wife. On a brighter note, I'm almost 80% sure that we will make it through this mess!!

My 15 weeks of HELL has finally come to an end. My advise to everyone is to also get checked out for other STDs as well, and do NOT reseach them on the internet. Get the basics and that's it. What you will find will SCARE YOU TO DEATH!!! I actully found the Mayo Clinic website to be very informational and it didn't scare the piss out of me!

My only advise to you Dr. Bob, is to try Bayleaf restaurant next time your in Napa. The food and wine is great!!

I will see you this fall (with my wife and my 7yr old son. He also plays the piano) at this years charity event!!

Thanks again!!

Tom

Hi Tom,

I have tried Bayleaf and agree it is one of Napa's finest!

Congratulations and WOO-HOO!!! I'm still glad you were able to be honest with your wife. In the long run, I'll bet you will be too.

Concerted Effort 2004 is scheduled for December 5th at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View. Details of that event, as well as a "pianomania" fundraiser in San Jose, will be posted on the Foundation's website soon (www.concertedeffort.org).

Stay well, Tom. Do come up and introduce yourself and your family if you make it to an event, OK?

HOMO CAFE - GOING BANANAS!!!!!! PLEAZE REPLY!
PLEASE ANSWER, Unhealthy Nerves