you want to swap blair for bush thats desperate/ Donation

Doc Are you desperate or what? you want Tony Blair or rather Bush's puppet you can have him. At least you got the one pulling the strings we're left with his lap dog !

Doc seeing we seem both to be desperate in terms of leaders and getting straight and honest answers from them, give me a break and give me a difinitive answer which nobody else seems to be able to do even your archives.

I made a mistake 9 months ago and had insertive sex with a chinese hooker. I had an illness 3 weeks after as did my wife roughly 3 weeks after we had unprotected sex. I cant tell my wife about my mistake despite what you say.

I have had negative Elisa's at 3 and 9months plus a negative PCR and a normal range cd4 count. However i continue to have illnesses like regular chest/respiratory infections. Some thrush around my mouth and an almost continual cold ie catarrah running nose. My wife also has the Cold symtoms plus a rash the octors say is Roscea on her forehead and nose.(it cant be stress she knows nothing of my problems)

Prior to the sex mistake both of us were very healthy individuals and suddenly we arent over a prolonged period.

Now i know what you will say, i am negative due to the Elisa's and PCR tests, however the symptoms for both of us are very concerning.

If you answer nothing else answer this for me because nobody else can answer it clearly

The tests i took (Elisas) i believe were UK 4th generation and for HIV 1 and 2, what i cant find out is if they cover all strains of HIV (ESPECIALLY 1) more especially non b strains prevalent in China, all i have found out is that they should now pick up Type 0 AND M strains.

I am very concerned that i have been exposed to a strain that these tests cant pick up, do you know ?? Do i need to take a special serolgy test to cover other strains ?

you cant believe the difference having confirmation of this would make, i will even gift wrap blair for you and send him over you can keep Bush then you have the full set, Organ grinder and monkey.

Can i donate anonymously with a sterling Cheque ?

Thanks Doc Alan.

Hi Alan,

Since I don't have access to the exact tests you took, I cannot give you details about exactly what each test covers. That said, I also very strongly believe you are indeed HIV negative. First off, your concern about detecting various rare or evolving strains of HIV would relate to antibody detection in the ELISA tests. PCR tests do not rely on antibodies. They actually detect and amplify viral DNA or RNA. This has nothing to do with the body's antibody response.

Do you need special serology? No.

As for your symptoms, I can't tell you what's causing them, but I can tell you what's not causing them. It's not HIV!

Next, your wife's symptoms: Rosacea is a fairly common skin condition. It is not related to HIV.

If you and or your wife are having "cold symptoms" that are persistent, see your doctor. It's not an uncommon problem and again, it's not related to HIV.

So Alan, you are indeed correct that I am going to say, "You are HIV negative due to the negative ELISAs and PCR tests," because that's exactly what I believe. I also believe your anxiety and guilt over your "mistake" nine months ago is what's feeding your ongoing irrational worry. Reconsider discussing the whole issue with your wife. It's the best way to confront the guilt. Counseling may also be helpful if you continue to have difficulty accepting your negative status.

Finally, yes, send Tony. We'll gladly welcome a well educated well spoken poodle over our current puppeteer! As far as organ grinder and monkey, haven't you noticed the distinct resemblance between George Dubya and Curious George, the chimp? It really is rather striking.

Regarding donations, yes, sterling, euros, dollars, yen, kryptonite coins (from the planet Krypton), whatever all are warmly welcomed.

Feel better, Alan, and rest assured that HIV is not your problem, OK?

No WOO-HOO here. How did I get HIV?
JOHN ASHCROFT