Jun 7, 2004
i am a healthcare worker - my patient's catheter bag opened and spilled urine on my leg which i happened to shave that morning. i'm uncertain as to my risk. what do you think?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Other than being literally "pissed off," I'd say you are certainly safe from an HIV perspective. Urine is a sterile fluid, and therefore does not contain HIV. This is in direct contrast to blood, ejaculate, cervical secretions, spinal fluid, etc. which can contain the virus. Assuming there was no blood in the catheter bag, your HIV risk is nil.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.