just made a donation, how about a response

I know you are a very busy person and you can't possibly answer every question someone sends you. I want to personally thank you for the job you are doing. Your site has helped me cope with my anxiety over the past nine weeks. Here's my story, nine weeks ago I was in China for business. I was in a somewhat small town on the the southeast side. One night, me and my associates got drunk at dinner and decided to visit the bar in our hotel. Turns out that our hotel had its own sex workers working in the bar. I have never been with a sex worker in my life and I even made it clear at the begining of th trip that I did not want to get one while on this trip. However, I been know to make stupid decisions while drinking and my associates persuaded me join the fun and get one too. I don't blame anyone but myself. No one put a gun to my head. The girl must have been around twenty years old. I brought here back to my room and the first thing we did was take shower. She washed her genitals and my mine. She then led me into the bedroom and put a condom on me. However, the condom was small, so it it only went halfway down my penis. I hesitated, but because I don't speak chinese it was hard to explain to her what I was thinking. She new I was nervous and she was giggling so she pulled me on top of her and guided my penis in her. She was very dry, so I had trouble penatrating her. It eventually went in and we proceeded to have intercourse. About a minute later(maybe four or five thrusts) I felt like I was about to cum. It had been a long time since I had sex. I pulled out to prevent myself from ejaculating, but i couldn't stopit and I ejaculated. For some stupid reason, I was re-inserted myself inside her after I ejaculated. I like the way it feels after I ejaculate because it is so sensitive at that time. As soon as I tried to put it back in, the condom snapped. I heard it right away and I pulled out that second. I went to bathroom and washed my penis with soap and urinated. The girl didn't really seem phased by it. Ever since that night I have been totally freaked out. I have anxiety and many sleepless nights. Twenty niine days after my exposure I had an elisa test which came back negative. However, I have been experiencing pain in mouth that radiates to my ears. I went to an ENT and he told my glands were swollen in my neck. I have also been having a weird sensation on the right side of groin.He gave me a strong dose of amoxicyllin for ten days and told me I had pericoronitis.It helped but I still have a weird sensation on the right side of groin and mouth. Before I went to China, I had my teeth cleaned by periodontist and my wisdom teeth got severely infected. She alos gave me amoxicyllin, but I stopped taking it after I felt better. I never finished the bottle. I see my general doctor today for another HIV test and I am also seeing an oral specialist. I am extremely worried of HIV. It has totally cosumed my life. I visit your site daily as well as many other HIV sites. They have helped me cope but I still have a lot of anxiety. I can't even concentrate on work. I am so worried I don't know what to do with myself. I live with my girlfriend and I am afraid to have sex with her. Am I just paranoid? I have this fear that I have HIV. Any words would be greatly appreciated.I made a donation to your fund today. PLEASE REPLY. This is my fourth time writing to you.

A condom only went half-way down your penis? Wow that could only mean two things: 1. your hooker specializes in dwarfs and midgets or 2. you could have a major career in adult films. Next, it took a minute for four thrusts? Wow, that's about 15 seconds per plunge. But then again, considering your size, I suppose that's how long it takes. Gosh, no wonder the hooker was giggling.

O.K. Mr. Supersize, your exposure was an extremely brief intravaginal exposure. Let's say 15 seconds per plunge into the love canal and you pulled out right away, so that would take what? Seven and a half seconds or so??? I'd say your HIV risk is extremely minimal at best. Sure, get tested at three months, but with such a miniscule exposure, the odds of your contracting the virus are vanishingly small.

Next, your symptoms are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV ARS.

Your major problem seems to be anxiety. I suggest you ask your doctor for a referral for some counseling. Yes, the waiting period is stressful. Yes, I agree you should get tested at three months. But your degree of panic is out of proportion to any real risk.

Thank you for your donation. Regarding the title of your question "just made a donation, how about a response", I do hope you and the other readers know that my work here is free and available to all. Donations to my foundation to help provide crucial services to men, women, and children struggling with HIV/AIDS should be made out of compassion and a desire to help those less fortunate, not as an incentive to get me to answer a specific question.

Good luck on your tests. The odds are indeed all in your favor. Oh, and by the way, you might want to stock up on supersized condoms just in case the need ever "arises" again unexpectedly.

Can I catch HIV from myself?
please help, indeterminate western blots at 1 year