reply to bangkok fiasco

This is not a question but a comment which i think may help this american guy in bangkok "titled Bagkok fiasco".

I have been living in bangkok for the last ten years and have encountered numerous hiv anxiety related problems. This is due to the facts that we are living in a hiv/aids prevalent area, bangkok is also a very stressfull city, most of the girls are not mere girfriends but lady bars who practise either traditional prostitution or much more destructive "matrimonial prostitution". These girls should never be trusted about their negative status, they always liar as it is their second if not their first nature.

Moreover, thai girls never check their hiv status unless you go with them. They dont even make the difference between hiv and aids, they will tell you they are negative because they dont suffer from full blown Aids. Even if they are positive and know it they will swear you in the eyes they are negative.

I got involved by accident (careless in fact) with a hiv+ girl (university student not bargirl so you see) I was prescribed a PEP and by luck didnt get infected. However, i had to endure testing during one year. I can tell you this was a very traumatic experience especially being alone in a foreign land. I still test from time to time because i developped a severe OCD as a consequence of this trauma.

I also believe that most of the symptoms of our american friend are related to anxiety due to the false positive result. Concerning the ear, throat infection couppled with fever and sweats, these are common symptoms of chronic throat infection (sometimes occuring every month even) due to the heavy pollution of Bangkok. Nothing to worry just see a specialist.

However, if you want to do better for your life, save your money, your health, your mind, your career, just go away from this destructive city of Bangkok, even better go away from Thailand and the Thai girls. Dont forget we are not welcome here, we are just represent money for them.

I hope this direct but friendly and sincere advice will help and ease the worries of our american friend. By the way Bob, i am a french man who once a student studied in san Francisco, i obviously dont like Bush and the foreign policies of the US government (e.g Irak) but still loves America and the Americam people. We French people are very sorry to see the American people hate us because we opposed to a war which was not for security in the US or democraty in Irak but merely to take over the control of the irak oil, ensure the suppremacy of the dollar in the middle east and in the world versus the euro currency, to distract the American people from economic problems, support the US military industry, boost the ego of the bush family, and unfortunately culturely respond to the need of the America public and society to have wars at regular intervals to ensure its suppremacy, make America feel like the good samaritan and the saver of the democraty in the world. Then consequently make big mistakes, kill innocents, leave the countries in a state of chaos "avec pertes et fracas" have the public opinion judge and dispise the veterans, feel guilt -remorse and shame (but never apologise of course) and start again refreshed and revitilised a new cycle of economic prosperity (which was fading before the war) ready with enthousiasm to make the same mistakes again and again next decades to come. Would the money of the American tax payers not be better spend to fight aids which is a growing problem and one of the main cause of mortality in the US.

(By the way bob, you are the best, we really appreciate your work and need you)

Sincerely et amicalement Frenchy (not Froggy)

Salut Mec,

Merci pour tes perspectives sur ce qui s'est passé avec les charmants vamps de Bangkok, mais on doit ne pas oublier de continuer à être prudent n'import où on se fait sauter.

Je suis d'accord que la politique de Bush et ses copains est dégoûtante et malhonnête. Mais, ne pense pas que les Américains, pour la plupart, n'aiment pas les Français. Je t'assure qu'il y a beaucoup, beaucoup, beaucoup d'Américains, comme moi-même, qui sont d'accord avec toi ! Bush est un vrai cinglé, une tête de linotte ! Il est con comme la lune !

Bien amicalement,

Aldara (Imiquimod) - False positive HIV Test?
Can I catch HIV from myself?