Aldara (Imiquimod) - False positive HIV Test?
Jun 3, 2004
I am getting tested early next week for HIV using the OraSure rapid test. My doctor prescribed me Aldara (Imiquimod) to treat molluscum contagiousum. I had a few of the umbilicated wart like bumps on my lower abdomen. I was wondering if the use of Aldara or me having molluscum contagiousum would cause a false positive on the HIV test? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope, not a problem at all. Aldara will not affect HIV test results. Good luck.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Am I Breaking Out With Shingles Constantly?
- What Stds Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Percentage Of People Could Be A Hpv Carrier?
- What Happens When Two People Who Have Herpes Have Unprotected Sex?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Does Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.