Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Protected Oral + Kisses = 2000 Dollars
Jun 1, 2004

Dear Robert,

I had this encounter with a prostitute that involved giving me Protected oral (with Ejaculation) and french kissing. Then, I got the craze, I have not touched my wife or baby boy for 2 months now. I did the following tests

At 7 days P24 + Antibody Both negative

10 days P24 + antibody Both Negative

14 days P24 + antibody Both Negative

24 days P24 + antibody Both Negative

31 days P24 + antibody Both Negative

38 days P24 + antibody Both Negative

46 days P24 + antibody Both Negative

57 days P24 + antibody Both Negative

Do I need further testing? Please answer me this time. I am smoking a lot so in case I have hiv, the Nicotine will trigger the sysmptoms. I don't want to hurt my family

Thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

"Protected" oral and French kissing do not carry a significant risk for HIV transmission. Your eight HIV tests are not only excessive, but unwarranted. Do you need further testing? Of course not. In my opinion, you didn't need the first eight tests!

As for "smoking a lot so that if you have HIV the nicotine will trigger the symptoms" . . . . That definitely qualifies as crazy. Perhaps even crazier than taking unnecessary HIV tests at seven, 10, 14, 24, 31, 38, 46, and 57 days. Your actions and fears are irrational and way out of proportion to any real risk. Your guilt and anxiety may be at the root of this problem. Have you talked to your wife about your indiscretion and your concerns? If not, don't you think she's wondering why you haven't touched her for two months?

My recommendations are simple. If you don't want to hurt yourself or your family, stop smoking. There is no doubt that nicotine can and will kill you. Second, I see no real HIV risk from your encounter with the hooker. However, if you want to get HIV tested, you should wait at least three months to obtain a definitive result. Third, I think you would benefit from some professional counseling. This would be far more beneficial and cost effective than continuing with your unwarranted weekly blood letting.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr Frascino, I must say that I am vehemently disgusted with your conduct on this site!
Next
hey sunshine!! C'est moi!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.