Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DR BOB WHERE ARE YOU !!! Nobody is answering me (Lebanon)
Jun 1, 2004

Dr Bob,

I beg of you , do not ignore me...I know you answered me many times before, but nobody is responding to me!!!

I just noticed that on my eliza tests it was written: HIV (Ab/Ag) negative....How can I make sure that it include HIV 2?? I cannot run more tests...Please tell me, does these assays (antigen and antibodies identify HIV2 and all strains of HIV1???)

I beg of you help me until I receive my dna pcr for HIV 2 from abroad...2 more weeks! I am loosing my mind , and most probably will loose my job and my fiance , if I dont get help.

HELP me , for God help me... I cannot beg more than that. I have been sending you daily emails, please ,,,help me. i know you are a generous person.... Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Where am I? Well at present, I'm at 33,000 feet, flying home from my 30th college reunion. (Before anyone asks, I attended an extremely liberal college/conservatory of music that has the distinction of being the first college to admit women and people of all races. Any guesses readers?)

Yes, I fully realize you have been sending me daily e-mails, and really I'm not ignoring you. It's just that I don't' have anything else to offer you. I have responded to several of your questions in French. You have essentially no HIV risk, no symptoms consistent with HIV disease, and a multitude of negative HIV tests. I have advised you repeatedly that in my opinion you are definitely HIV negative. You have written multiple times asking for detailed explanations about extremely rare cases of late seroconversion, rare strains of HIV, new methods of HIV testing, and your ongoing fixation on and fear of being HIV positive.

I urge you to seek psychiatric help, and not more HIV tests. I agree you could lose both your job and fiancé, if you don't get help. I once again urge you to do so. I'm sorry to be blunt, but I don't believe writing daily e-mails to me is not going to give you the peace and health you desire and that I dearly wish for you to have.

Bonne chance et courage!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr Bob, you're a champion
Next
Liban: Faveur.....une derniere fois

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.