Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help please - lymph node and folliculitis and building the courage to test - please please read from the Philippines
Jun 1, 2004

Hi Dr. Bob,

I've been reading your responses for a very long time now. Honestly this is not the first time I have been put in a "testing" scenario and I am now almost ashamed to write but reading your responses to readers gives me a little strength.

About 15 months ago (I know what you are going to say - GET TESTED!) I engaged in unprotected Oral-vaginal sex with 2 women of unknown status. There was alot of dry humping but not sure if I got exposed to any secretions. It is all now a blurr to me. The first female was pure oral sex and I ejeculated in her mouth and had unprotected oral-vaginal sex. The second was also unprotected oral-vaginal protected vaginal sex (with condom).

Now more than a year later I have had a .5cm lymph node (single) on the side of my neck for about 4 months (a little smaller now but still there) and had a case of folliculitis (both sides of my neck and behind the ears) that has taken about 6 weeks (although still there) to clear up. I haev also had dry skin on the side of my penis that has been on and off since December 15 but is healing a little better now. I was exposed to quite a bit of vaginal fluids as the girls were very wet when I was performing the act on them.

You know my question: Could these be signs of HIV? IF oral-vaginal sex was my exposure (I think the female may have been + as she was exposed to the party scenes here in my country), the other female had braces and I was afraid she go HIV from giving unprotected BJs with ejaculation.

I am mustering strength for a test but all the literature I have read about folliculitis is scaring the hell out of me.

I hope you find time to answer this question.

I have made stupid mistakes but I am married with 2 beautiful children and regret this every day and nite. I am afraid my wife might have HIV.

Thank you and more power and I pray for all the people that you help and come to the site.

Regards.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

All you have read about folliculitis is scaring the hell out of you??? What are you reading? Has Stephen King written a new novel about "Pimples from Hell" or something? If you want to know about HIV symptoms you should be reading the archives of this forum not scary stuff. Your symptoms zits and all are not suggestive of HIV ARS.

You state, "I know what you are going to say GET TESTED!" OK, I'll say it. GET TESTED.

I also recommend you discuss your indiscretions and fears openly with your wife. We are all human. That means we all make mistakes. (That is all except President Bush who feels he's genetically incapable of any error whatsoever.) We all need forgiveness. (That is all of us except Bush. Instead, what he needs is to have his butt drop-kicked all the way back to Crawford, Texas.) We all need to learn from our mistakes. (That is all except Bush. He needs to learn how to speak English first.) I'll refer you to the archives for detailed discussions of the estimated risk of HIV transmission associated with oral sex.

Good luck! Get tested!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Discordant information
Next
He came outside of my ass, now I am feeling stupid!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.