Drug-Resistant and Sex

I read that it is possible, but unlikely, that resistant forms of HIV can be transmitted from one HIV-positive person to another. Is that true? Can a HIV-positive get drug-resistant HIV through unprotected oral sex? I was told that when two HIV-positives have sex, they should not ejaculate in the mouth or swallow cum because drug-resistant HIV might be transmitted. Is that true? I assume that unprotected anal sex has risk for transmitting drug-resistant HIV. Is that right? I was told that precum during unprotected oral sex has little risk, if any. Is that true? Is there any risk of transmitting drug-resistant HIV through rimming? What about french kissing? Any additional info would be appreciated.

1. Super-infection or re-infection between two HIV-positive individuals has indeed been documented. Check the archives of this forum for details. How frequently this actually occurs remains open to speculation.

2. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. The risk of transmission is related to risk behavior, not whether the virus is drug-sensitive or drug-resistant.

3. Unprotected receptive anal sex carries the highest risk for HIV virus transmission. Once again, the risk of transmission is related to risk behavior, not to the type of virus.

4. Pre-cum has been documented to contain virus. Transmission via this pre-cum remains a theoretical possibility. However, as indicated above, oral sex in general carries a very low risk for HIV viral transmission. Consequently, documented pre-cum viral transmission would be difficult.

5. There have been no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed. H However, other STDs (hepatitis A, intestinal parasites, herpes etc.) can be readily transmitted by this activity.

6. What about French kissing? Well, what about it? I'm quite fond of it and all things "French". If you are wondering about HIV transmission via French kissing that would require bizarre extenuating circumstance for instance, both kissers having had dental surgery shortly before playing tonsil hockey and thereby essentially allowing a blood-to-blood risk to occur.

7. Any additional information? You've just asked six questions. Don't you think it's somebody else's turn now?

I should also point out that the answer to all of the questions you posted could have been readily found in the archives of this forum. Have a look. I think you'll find it enlightening.

Stay well.

PLZ ANSWER, needle stick outside healthcare settings
thanks bob