The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Dr. Bob - 10th time asking

May 28, 2004

here's the facts quick. 29 year old male. when i was 17 (12 years ago) had unprotected male frottage a couple of times with same person. his semen may have come in contact with the head of my penis can't remember so long ago. after this, gave and received oral sex with a girl. when i was 18 met my wife. at age 27 she became pregnant and tested negative for hiv. i know i can't tell my status from her, but we were together 9 years with unprotected sex. At age 28 we split up briefly and i received unprotected oral sex from another person. what are my chances. i'm having issues right now that has got me thinking about this. thanks - donation forthcoming.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Quick-Facts-Guy,

Here's a quick response. Frottage ("dry docking") does not carry an HIV risk male or female. Oral sex carries an extremely small risk for HIV transmission. If you are concerned, you'll need to get HIV tested at three months or more after your last potential exposure. Unfortunately, there is no way around that. Despite the fact you submitted this question 10 times (perhaps more?), you probably knew that already, didn't' you??? Yeah, I thought so. Issues or not, all the odds are in your favor for not having contracted HIV from this very low-risk activity.

Thank you for your donation. I hope this helps to put your fears to rest.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Dr. BOB----WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Can blood or HIV pass through polyurethane?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint