Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. BOB----WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
May 28, 2004

Dr. Bob

On May 17th I found the courage to go and get tested for HIV. I had a high risk sexual exposure a little over three months ago. Since then I had convinced myself that I was infact HIV positive. I had every "symptom" of seroconversion three weeks after the encounter.

Today I walked in to get my results. NONREACTIVE. I can't tell you the kind of relief I have.

I just want to reiterate the fact that having symptoms is not, in any way, indicative of having HIV. Protect yourself so you don't have to worry. There are many places to get free condoms throughout the community nation wide.... take advantage of that.

I just wanted to send you a message thanking you for the work that you do. Your humor and encouraging words were all that kept me going throughout these past three months. What you do for people can not be measured. You give so many fretting folks, like me, hope when they can't seem to find any.

If, for some odd reason, you find yourself traveling to West Texas, let me know! I would love to give you a huge hug!

I will be sending a donation to your foundation. Preventing and helping people with this unfortunate disease is so incredibly important.

Shakespeare once said "Give sorrow words. The grief that does not speak Whispers the o're-fraught heart, and bids it break."

If you're worried about HIV, talk to someone. Read through the archives on this site. You'll find solace and hope. One way or the next you can fight the HIV battle.

Dr.Bob, may God bless you! (I know SHE already has.)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Cowboy,

WOO-HOO and Yippee-ay-aye! Excellent news! Congratulations. I'm delighted you found the information here helpful and comforting. I trust those reading this post will find solace and hope in your words as well.

Thanks also for the Shakespeare quote! Somehow I never think of Shakespeare being appreciated in West Texas. Maybe that's guilt by association, due to a certain inhabitant of Crawford, Texas who wouldn't even comprehend a comic book version of a Shakespeare play.

No immediate plans to visit West Texas, but I do enjoy hugs, so . . . . . You never know.

Thank you for your willingness to help those struggling with HIV/AIDS and to promote HIV/AIDS education/awareness by making a tax-deductible donation to my foundation. I'm quite convinced SHE is smiling on you as well!

Stay well, Cowboy,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Bloody BJ
Next
Please Dr. Bob - 10th time asking

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.