A Magic Soccer Game!(Please post)

Dear Dr. Bob,

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for providing the help and mental encouragement to all the WWs and all the people who are struggling to fight agaist this deadly disease. You are really one of the most compassionate and bravest people in the world. My faith to the God and your post in this website help me get through the biggest ordeal in my life in last 90 days although I was only 50% functional at work. Today I got my 90 day Home Access Result. It is negative. WooooooooooHoooooooo!!! I wish my sharing here could help calm down those WWs who are in the window period. I'm an Asia male. On Feb. 22, I had an encounter with a female pro in Philadelphia. We had protected vaginal intercourse and unprotected mutual oral foreplay. At that time I knew 1)condom is a safe barrier 2)saliva doesn't contain HIV. So I didn't even think about the possible exposure in the first two weeks. Then in the third week, I played a soccer game and my waist and kidney area was hit badly by another player. That night, I found the swollen lymph nodes under my left arm. The next day, I felt great pain in my kidney area and burning urining. I thought it was probably due to the injury in the soccer game. But just to make sure, I went to google and typed "condom and HIV". One website in the returned list claimed that "using condom to avoid HIV virus is just like using fishing net to avoid the tiny sand in the water flow." I was immediately put into a nightmaire. Although later I found thebody and knew that condom indeed is a safe barrier if used properly, the shadow of HIV just never got out of my mind after it got in. Moreover I knew oral sex still has some risk although it is a very low risk. Two weeks later, I developed a cold core in my upper lip and last for one week. Then it is frequent diarrea. Come and go till today. I thought my happy life came to an end. Although I could still calm down myself, the fear still made my work and life a mess.

Now finally after living in fear for 90 days, I got tested. When I called for the result today, I was shaking. Fortunately it is a negative. I will never forget that magic soccer game. From this ordeal, I learned several lessons. 1) Never trust those shity websites and self diagnose based on those websites because they would make you more nervous or even try to kill yourself. Read information only from really authorized and professional web sites such as thebody. 2) Stay away from those pros. Life is precious. Don't take any chance just to get a short time pleasure. Always play safe and only make love with the one you really trust and love. (For those guys who really can't quit pros, use condom!!!) 3) During the window period, ANY symptom could happen. But it is highly likely to be caused by stress and anxiety. Don't make your judgement based on symptoms. Wait for 90 days and get tested.

Finally, I would like to apply for a position in EXWW file? Dr. Bob, could you approve my application and waive my 6 month test?

I promise, in the name of God, that I will make a $150 donation next week. (There is a possible fraud in my current CITI bank credit card. I will get my new card in 5-7 business days.) I also promise I will also donate the same amount of money to another organization in China which is helping those poor people in the countryside who got infected by trading their blood for money. I will educate all the friends and people around to protect themselves and help those deperate people who are suffering this deadly disease.

Keep up the great work and I will keep you in my pray!

God bless you!

Hi Soccer-Guy,

I'm delighted to inform you that your application to our Ex-WW club has been approved without any reservations! A six-month repeat test is not necessary.

Your assessment of your risk was correct. Unprotected oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission, and condoms are extremely effective in preventing HIV transmission if they are used properly and don't fail.

Regarding the website that claimed using condoms is just like using a fishing net to block sand, you are also correct. It's a "shitty website." Was it funded by the woefully misinformed and shamefully self-serving Vatican?

Regarding your window period and only functioning at the 50% level, don't worry. Just look at Bush. For him to function at the 50% level of a kindergartner would be a significant improvement.

Finally, thank you for your very generous donation! Working together, we will someday make HIV/AIDS a distant bad memory.

Stay well.

I'M GOING TO RIP MY TONGUE OUT
West Nile