I'M GOING TO RIP MY TONGUE OUT

Dr. BOB, You are a fantastic guy, and the help you dish out to so many worried people out there is incredible. I would truly like to take a leaf out of your book good doctor. I have written a few times before but with no response as you are a busy boy i'm sure, but could you please take the time to help me out with one answer. I tested negative on an elisa 2nd generation test at 15 weeks, but now at the 19 week mark i am getting strange symptons. I've had a couple of sores in my mouth and smooth lesions on the tip of my tongue which feel like i have been scolded by something hot. ( i haven't ) The first one was on the left side of my tongue and went away after a week, and now has shifted to the right side of my tongue. It's weird, and i worry that it has something to do with HIV.My tongue also seems whitish i might add. Good doctor could you please write back to me, and I will donate as soon as i am back in Australia next month, i promise. another aussie guy.

Hey Down Under Oz-Guy,

Thanks for your kind words. You don't mention any details about your potential HIV exposure, so it's a bit difficult for me to give you a definitive opinion. However, assuming there are no extenuating circumstances like getting gang-banged by an entire Oz-Poz footy team without protective gear in place, I would advise that your 15-week negative ELISA is conclusive.

The tongue symptoms do not sound at all worrisome to me. What you describe is a relatively common phenomenon and not suggestive of HIV ARS. If you remain concerned, retest at six months, but I don't feel it's necessary or warranted. You have a greater chance of being done in by a funnel-web spider or a pack of super-sized Tasmanian Devils prowling Oxford Street.

Stay well Aussie. I'll be back in Sydney and Melbourne this summer.

will donate, please answer
A Magic Soccer Game!(Please post)