CBC and Liver Enzymes

An ER Dr. told me that my CBC was normal and if there were an infection the number would be out of line. I know that the only way to dtermine your HIV status is to have an HIV test. However, if you did have HIV, wouldn't your CBC be out of line enough to have questions asked or more tests done to determine the infection.

The only problem he said was my Liver Enzymes were elevated. Could this have anything to do with HIV?

I am currently taking Lipitor, Tricor, Zetia, Glucofage, and an aspirin a day. I have not been diagnosed a Diabetic, but the specialist says I am close, I need to lose weight, watch what I eat and get more exercise.

Just wondering about the CBC and also elevated Lizer Enzymes.

Keep up the great work you do, a donation is definitely on its way to help in any way it can!

You are absolutely correct in saying, "The only way to determine your HIV status is to have an HIV test." Any doctor, ER or otherwise, who claims they can screen for HIV infection by seeing if a CBC test is out of line, is himself "out of line!!!". The CBC or liver enzyme test results can not be used to screen, suggest, rule out, or diagnose HIV disease. If you've placed yourself at risk for HIV infection, you need to be HIV tested. It really is that simple.

Good luck and I agree you also need to lose weight, improve your diet, and get your butt to the gym! Now, turn off the computer, lace up your Pumas, and get going!

I donated what i can ..Can i woohoo ..please answer
will donate, please answer