My Last Visit

Doc,

For the past 5 months this site and your forum has provided me with valuable information and encouragement. But I am never visiting this site again. Woooohooooo!!!!!

In early Dec. I had unprotected sex with a girl of unknown status. Shortly afterwards I started to develop symptoms that I was convinced was a result of being infected with HIV.

A couple of weeks after the exposure I developed a persistent sore throat, i had an outbreak of approx. 9 ulcers on my throat, i had a skin rash on my arms, my feet and hands were constantly numb and tingly in the mornings and I generally felt like shit. I was convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that I had the HIV.

I got tested 5 months after my exposure and then waited 3 weeks for the results...I got the results today and i was "non-reactive". Not sure what that means but my doc told me it was good. Wooohoooooooo!!!!!

I stepped out of the doc's office and have not felt this good in 5 months. It's amazing how your head can play games with you and convince you that you are infected with a disease that you don't have.

I want to thank you for the work you do. It's amazing. And i will gladly contribute to your foundation. Thinking I lived with the disease for 5 months, I could not imagine what its like for somebody that really was infected.

Thank you. JB

Hello JB,

First off, "non-reactive" does indeed mean "negative!" -- so, WOO-HOO!!! Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story. I hope others who are also "convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have HIV" will follow your lead, get tested, and start WOO-HOOing.

As for "not being able to imagine what it's like for somebody that really is infected," I'll fill you in on all the gory details whenever you wish. Stay well, JB. Even though we'll miss you terribly here at the forum, I'm delighted this is your last visit! Remember to always play safe to stay safe. Finally, thank you for your generous donation. It will touch many desperate lives.

Stay well.

Diagnosed with pneumonia, still not tested for HIV
I donated what i can ..Can i woohoo ..please answer