Positive husband/negative woman

this is my second time writing to you.i hope i get answer this time.my husband has been hiv+ for 4 years now. We have 1 child before we found out that he is hiv+.we never practice safe sex and till date, i am negative.we did abortion once, got tested and still negative.Does it means i cannot be infected?What will happen if i become pregnant again.As i say, we never practice save sex.

BH

from north-east india

Hello BH,

I think I may have already answered your question or one very similar. Check out the archives in this forum. There is quite a bit of information about "magnetic couples" (one poz, one neg.).

I urge you to immediately begin using latex condoms to protect your negative status. That you have not been infected yet definitely does not mean you cannot become infected. You are placing yourself at risk each time you have unprotected sex with your HIV-positive husband. I strongly urge you to accompany your husband on his next visit to see his HIV/AIDS specialist and to discuss this issue with that doctor. He/she will provide you with additional detailed information about safer sexual practices and answer any very specific questions you may have. If you and your husband want to have another child, you'll need to see an HIV-savvy ob/gyn doctor. Using techniques of sperm washing combined with in vitro fertilization, the risk of HIV transmission for you or your child can be minimized.

Once again, I strongly urge you to begin using condoms immediately. If not, you are essentially playing a deadly game of sexual Russian roulette.

Write back if you have additional questions, OK?

Stanford Cat gives a Proud WOO-HOO
AM I IN DANGER?