Dr. Bob... How can I go about making donation?

Dr. Bob,

I have to say that you are awesome! In making yourself available to help worried people and asking nothing in return is incredible. I need to focus my mind in such ways.

At any rate, I wish to make a donation to the foundation to help with HIV/AIDS. Is this only available by check?

Also, I can use your help a little bit. I am having so many issues trying to put my HIV scare passed me. Could you review the following and give me your insight on if I should continue testing or simply move on?

I, like so many others, have a hard time trying to not think about the possibility of some exposure and status. I have some major concern about infection and would like to know what you thought. Below is a timeframe of activity.

10/10/03 Protected vaginal sex with a very questionable partner

11/18/03 Unprotected oral sex with a somewhat friend (I performed Oral on her)

12/12/03 Unprotected vaginal sex with a friend

12/20/03 ELISA Reactive then Western Blot Negative

3/1/04 Elisa Negative

5/5/04 Elisa Negative

5/10/04 Elisa Negative (wanted the PCR but they did only the Elisa on accident)

Am I simply driving myself nuts thinking that I could possibly be infected? I want to be a responsible partner and make sure I am ok before I can move into another relathionship. The incident in October really scared me and my doctor continues to tell me there is no way that I could be infected from that one. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated. Is it possible to turn postive after so long?

Please let me know your opinion.

Also, I am paranoid about little things that I think are symptoms of HIV. Like currently, I have a sore throat though it is allergy season and my doctor thinks that is allergies. I have also noticed blood spotting after a movement. Is this anything relate to possible symptoms? Am I being too paranoid? Is there anyway that I would have symptoms at this point?

Is the Elisa a good enough test or should a PCR be done to look for the virus? This is driving me nuts I fear. I am a 31 year old male needing some assistance. Would the symptoms be much more acute and I would be greatly hindered by them?

Thanks and I really appreciate all of your help... as I am so sure that so many do.

I'll be brief, as your question is so similar to many already posted in the archives. You can read more details there if needed, OK?

Your risks include unprotected oral sex and unprotected vaginal sex. "Protected" vaginal sex would not carry an HIV risk, if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Your 12/03 ELISA is a "false" positive as confirmed by the negative Western Blot the same day. The three subsequent negative ELISAs out to five months after the last potential exposure are, in my opinion, definitive. PCR testing is not recommended for routine screening, due to the rate of false-positive results. You are HIV negative. If you have difficulty accepting your HIV-negative status, get counseling to help you cope with these irrational fears. None of your "symptoms" are at all concerning for possible HIV ARS.

Last, thank you for your willingness to donate. Details can be found at the Foundation's website, www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well.

I need to confirm my small donation from Ecuador...
Buttocks and 6 Months