I need to confirm my small donation from Ecuador...

Hi Dr. Bob

First of all, I would like to apologize for my english since I don't speak it very well.

I'm a korean girl who lives in Ecuador for more than 20 years, so the best language I speak is spanish.

I'm not going to make any question, I just wanted to tell you I made a small donation of $100 to your foundation. I know my donation is small, but I hope I can help many people with this.

I've been reading this forum while waiting for my window period to conclude. This forum became a support for me during all this time and reading your answers, and Dr. Steven's answers, gave me a lot of strength, support, and relief at the same time. Last friday I had my last Elisa test after six months from last risk exposure. I know a 3 month test is enough, but since I don't know the hiv status of the other person, I just decided to wait the six months assuming that the other person is positive, just in case.

When I received my negative result, I felt so so so happy about myself, but then I began to think about all those people that were not so lucky as I was, and how many people die because they simply don't have the economic resources for a good treatment.

I didn't want just to receive my negative result and be selfish and stop reading this forum or just forget the whole situation, because even though I'm know sure I'm not infected, I should never forget about the 45 million people who are going through this disease.

I just hope that all the people that read this forum don't forget about the hiv problem once they get their negative result... this is very selfish.

As I said, I know my donation is small, but I feel satisfied because here in Ecuador $ 100 is not a small amount of money and I made an effort to make this donation, and that's what really matters.

Give my thanks to Dr. Steven who very kindly answered me a question last week.

I admire you and Dr. Steven for all you are doing without expecting anything in return.

I need to know if the transaction of my donation was successful because when they asked me to fill some information, I don't know if I answered correctly two of them which were: state and zip code, since here in Ecuador we neither have states nor zip codes. Nevertheless, I putted my province name in the "state" space, and in "zip code" I just had to put 0s. I hope everything is ok since at the end, I received a reference number and the computer told me the donation was made successfully. So, can you confirm this please just to be sure? You can know which one is my donation because is from Ecuador and was made today.

Thank you very much for everything...

EP

Hello EP,

First off, congratulations on your negative HIV test results. That's wonderful news, and both Dr. Steve and I are delighted!

Second, thank you for your very kind words and thoughtful reminder to everyone concerning the severity of the global HIV epidemic. I'll add a few statistics as well. Today alone (in just one single day), 1,200 infants will be born with HIV, infected by their mothers. Today alone, more than 13,000 adults will contract HIV. Today alone, 8,200 men, women, and children will have their lives snuffed out by AIDS.

Third, thank you for your $100 gift. Yes, we did receive it. The cost of providing medication to an HIV-positive pregnant woman to drastically reduce the chance she will pass the virus on to her unborn child is just 80 cents. Consequently, your $100 can potentially save 125 infant lives! Now that's something to WOO-HOO about! On behalf of those 125 infants, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Last, all donations to the Foundation are confirmed by a personal letter from me. You can expect yours to reach Ecuador soon. For anyone who has difficulty making a donation from a foreign country via credit card, there are other options available, including direct wire transfer of funds or sending a check. Details about all donation options are listed on the Foundation's website, www.concertedeffort.org.

Thanks again. Stay well. By the way, your English is excellent!

bangkok fiasco
Dr. Bob... How can I go about making donation?