Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Eye Transmission?!
May 23, 2004

I have an inquiry on transmission...As bizzare as this may seem. My best friend is a Gay male, whos sexual history and health record has never been much of my business. Although I do know of him to give random blow jobs, *haven't we all*. At any rate, he spent the night at my house not long ago, and upon doing so borrowed a contact case of mine. When morning came I absent mindedly put his contacts in, and wore them for about an hour before he pointed out that his were missing... While I doubt there is much case study on this subject...what are my chances of catching HIV, assuming that he is positive?

Thanks for your help!

Libby

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Libby,

"Haven't we all" given random blow jobs??? I'll bet your friend is very popular at parties.

Libby, no worries about the contact lens switcheroo. HIV would not be transmitted in this fashion. But didn't you notice your vision was a bit screwy that day?

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
WOO-HOO! Twelve weeks...
Next
BUSH OUT YOU GO

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.