Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

What are symptoms of ARS?

Bob,

I am an x-filer who still follows your forum for laughs, information, and curiosity. I realize that mosty people who write in to this particular forum merely think that they were exposed to HIV, and only a very, very small handful actually were. An an even smaller handful actually contract the virus.

My question to you is this: Seeing as how there is so much conflicting information out there regarding HIV and HIV ARS, could you please shed a little light on what you might consider a "typical" case of ARS?

And if I'm not stepping way out of line here, would you mind discussing what ARS was like for you? I completely understand if you don't feel that this is something for the masses, but there are many positive benefits to hearing things firsthand.

Regardless, I will continue to donate to Concerted Effort, and wish you all the best!

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "typical" case of ARS or a "compassionate" conservative. ARS symptoms vary greatly from person to person, and may be so mild as to go essentially unnoticed or be so severe as to be debilitating. I can give you the frequency in the form of percentages of various signs and symptoms of primary HIV infection. Perhaps that will help. Fever 96%, enlarge lymph nodes 74%, sore throat 70%, rash 70%, muscle aches 54%, diarrhea 32%, headache 32%, nausea and vomiting 27%, enlarged liver/spleen 14%, weight loss 13%, thrush 12%, neurologic symptoms 12%.

Remember, however, that symptoms, even all of the above listed symptoms, do not equal HIV disease. There are many illnesses that can cause these symptoms. The only way to know if you've contracted HIV is to get tested.

My ARS included seven of the symptoms listed above.

Thanks for your willingness to donate. Details about the Foundation can be found at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well.

You are one amazing man!
YOU ARE LYING TO EVERYONE!!!