Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Do I get a WHOO HOO I donated what i can
May 14, 2004

Hi Doctor Robert J.Frascino,

Do i get a Whoo-Hoo.I tested at 4 weeks Neg Elisa 7 weeks Neg Rna pcr 13 weeks Neg Rna pcr neg 14 weeks Neg Elisa hiv 1/2

Im done testing i believe.

I had oral sex with 2 guys i didnt swallow and i didnt taste any pre cum but you never know if some got through. One of the guys put his pre cum on my hard penis around the tip and i was worried after the fact it could have in penis. Not in the hole but around it. But since testing out to 14 weeks i Believe im done. Please give me your advice.Some Dr's arent up with the 13 weeks yet so your Reply would be most welcomed. I want to be done and over and return to normal life. I believe 13 weeks or more is Conclusive. I donated what i could at this time!!

Thanks Former WW

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Former WW,

Your HIV risk is extremely low from the potential exposure you describe. Your repeatedly negative ELISA and PCR-RNA tests out to 14 weeks are indeed definitive in fact, they are excessive. You could have been "done with testing" with a single ELISA test three months after your last potential exposure. The rest is just overkill. It really doesn't require a sledgehammer to kill a mosquito, when a simple tap of a fly-swatter gives the exact same result. Whether squished with a fly-swatter or annihilated with a sledgehammer, the result is the same, right? The bug is "conclusively" dead either way.

Thanks for your donation. The help it will bring to those struggling with HIV/AIDS is warmly appreciated.

WOO-HOO! And thank you!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Well, do you use the expression "snowball's chance in Hell
Next
WOO HOO & Yabba-Dabba-Do .... Great learning experience...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.