Raincoat only on halfway before the storm

Dr. Bob you are the only one who can answer this one! First off, just reading through all the archives here has been thoroughly enlightening, and I feel Ive learned so much in the past few weeks, even though Ive been pretty much freaking out. I had a one night stand, someone I didn't know, met at a bar. The typical story. Anyway, there was unprotected oral on both our parts, though my going downtown on her didnt last long. As I was drinking during the night, I had a little trouble getting my little man to stand at attention. Eventually he did, and I put a condom on, but only got it over the head and a little bit more down. Figuring this was enough, I went to town. The condom stayed on the whole time, and I thought I was safe. Until later when I really thought of it, how safe was I really? I looked through your forums, you say if the "action end" is covered, you should be good. I had a test done at 3 weeks, negative. I know I have to do the three month. I ruled out any other STD's. Talk about an eye opener though. Totally made me question past activities, and set me down the right road for future ones. I will be sending a donation, and would like to volunteer my time to a good cause, an AIDS clinic, etc. Any good suggestions on that? Anyway Dr. Bob, before all this, I wasn't living the way I should be anyway - taking life for granted, worrying about useless matters, etc. After reading all your answers to all these questions, it made me see that I have been a total idiot by thinking that way!! Every day on earth is a good one, no matter what happens. Maybe one day I'll get the honor to meet you person, you are truly a hero and an inspiration to many people out there. Just wanted to say thanks, and get your thoughts on my riskiness. Did I use a condom "technically" or not? Or is it a gray area? My best to you sir!!

Thanks for your kind comments.

Your HIV risk is primarily unprotected oral, which as you undoubtedly know from reading the archives, carries an extremely low risk. Yes, having your "little man's action end" covered, assuming his raincoat stayed in place should offer protection from HIV. But, I wouldn't recommend going out half-dressed for future adventures the raincoat could slip off and besides, it's a bad fashion statement to arrive at the party half-cocked, so to speak.

I agree a three-month test will give you a definitive result. All the odds are in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this walk on the wild side.

Thank you for your donation! It's urgently needed, considering ongoing cuts in AIDS funding and the shift in resources resulting from this misguided war effort. Recent statistics show there are at least 60,000 HIV-positive right here in the U.S. who do not have access to life-extending HIV meds! That is shameful considering Rummy just requested another 25 billion for the war. Where is the money to fight the war on AIDS both here and abroad? Regarding volunteer work, I don't' know where you are writing form, but a quick check with your local AIDS service organization should provide you with multiple options.

Good luck on your test! And one last thing do you really want to refer to your joy stick as "little man"? Similarly, I never understood Bill Gates wanting to be called "Mr. Micro-Soft".

Please help! Third request
FDA or Oraquick,...who's the JERK