Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Please help! Third request

I used a public urinal and while I was peeing, the toilet flushed on my penis. I later noticed that I had a chafed/small cut on my penis and started worrying that someone else's urine might have splashed into the cut and created a possible HIV exposure.

That was 34 days ago and since then I have become a nervous wreck. I am convinced that I have HIV and my symptoms have ranged from nausea and a constant feeling that I have to burp to periodic shortness of breath and a small canker sore on my inside lip. I had negative test results at 17 days, but we all know that means nothing.

My question is, can residual urine in a toilet contain HIV and are my symptoms something to be worried about?

Thanks Dr. Bob!

The toilet "flushed on your penis?" Gosh, just how long is that one-eyed monster of yours???

Relax Stud; your risk of HIV transmission from this episode is nonexistent! That's right zero, zip, zilch! nada! Got it? Good! HIV testing is neither warranted nor necessary, even if you used your Mr. Happy as a drain plunger. Urine is a sterile fluid and does not contain HIV. So your constant feeling that you have to burp (whatever made you think that was an HIV symptom?) must be related to something else, such as supersizing your Happy Meals.

Stay well.

Contact through thin pants
Raincoat only on halfway before the storm