Short n Sweet

Hey Dr. Bob, I hope you had a nice time in Florida! I also just wanted to tell you I really admire the work you do and THANK YOU! I'm going to try and make this short and sweet because I know you are probably backed up with many emails. I got an HIV rapid test done at 91 days post-incident. Said "incident" was giving a guy unprotected oral with some ejaculate getting into my mouth. Now I'm scared I'm going to be one of those 6-monthers...I thought this was going to be OVER!! And I can't go back to the Health Dept for an anonymous test because the rapid test guy told me not to come back and gave me kind of an evil look(hes seen me in there on two other occasions during my window period)But I do realize that all of my testing is a burden on their resources. Now I feel like I need to get tested for closure so I thought about going to my Dr. for a full STD screening but I'm afraid if I'm positive it would go on my records. AHHHHH! What should I do? Is further testing or psychological help warranted. I just need CLOSURE! Please advise. Thanks so much! Ms. Paranoia

Dear Ms. Paranoia,

If the anonymous testing site at your local health department is ready to put a restraining order on you, I'd say you've probably had more than enough testing. No, you are not a "6-month-er" Your "incident" carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. Multiple negative tests out to 91 days is definitive. You are HIV negative. If you can't accept your negative status, then counseling may well be you best bet for "closure" on this issue.

Good luck. Feel better.

Killer thighs from down-under!
Contact through thin pants