Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Killer thighs from down-under!
May 14, 2004

G'day Doctor Bob!

I've opened up Pandora's Box for the WW's and was hoping you could help close it.

Here's my situation. I received a hand job and oral (both protected with two condoms) from a sex worker (NO WORRIES HERE). At the end I rubbed my eye because of an itch (STUPID ME!). My hands were around her inner thigh area, near her genital area, but not on the genitals itself.

Suppose some vaginal fluid had been there and I had rubbed that into my eye, is that a possible route for HIV infection? Any chance HIV could have been passed through my eye membranes?? I didnt touch any vaginal fluids (that I recall). I'm just paranoid! I know I have nothing to worry about but I need some reassurance from you. You could really put my mind at ease. I'm certain there were no fluids on my hands. I'm thinking more of small quantities that might have been on her thighs (Talk about killer thighs!!!). Her underwear was on so I don't think any "fresh fluids" could have been on her body. And if any vaginal fluids were there, then I'm assuming it would have dried up and been rendered inactive by the end of the session.

Every time I picture myself rubbing my eyes I freak out!! Help!! I have exams to study for in a week!!! I don't want to fail!!!

Cheers mate (I'm from the land down under)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Paranoid Ozzy,

Killer thighs?!? Nah. Your risk is nonexistent. If HIV were that easy to catch, the entire planet would have been wiped out long ago.

Back to the books mate. HIV is definitely not your problem. Pandora's Box and Quadzilla's killer thighs are now both closed!

I plan to be back down under for Sydney's Mardi Gras this summer. Save me a vegemite sandwich, OK?

G'day.

Dr. Bob

Previous
WHY- WHY
Next
Short n Sweet

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.