Hi DOC. Happy to see some replys from you. I was getting worried about you. Your the greatest and have helped so many get though the fright of HIV. I'm sure you have answerd this before but here goes, WHY do you cling to the 3 month antibody guide line of the CDC. I know you know most if not all seroconvert by three months but some times you seem to discount say an 8 wk or 9 wk test. Are you obligated to conform to the CDC? If so that's fine but many states i.e. NY, states "MOST PEOPLE WILL DEVELOPE ENOUGH ANTIBODIES BY 4 WKS.USING MODERN TESTING". Have there been any studies to determain say a NEG. at 6 wks who then at Twelve turn poz. with no other sexual contacts. Stay well please, this is not ment to be a critizim just venting and looking for the reason there are so many opinions. I'll stick with 3 months but be happy as hell when my 9wk NEG comes in.

No, I'm not obligated to conform to the CDC. My opinions are based on sound scientific studies, limitations of currently available testing techniques, and clinical judgment. Please note that whatever I post in this forum is read throughout cyberspace. You may be reading this forum in SoHo, WeHo, or on the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

Yes, its' true "most" people will develop enough antibodies by week four to have a positive test. However, is "most" good enough when you are dealing with HIV disease? By definition, "most" just means more than 50%, right? Certainly HIV testing is getting better, and we are evaluating assays to try to reduce the window period. But for now, I'll stick to my current general recommendations, but remain cognizant that every individual case is different.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit for you.

Good luck on your tests. We'll keep all fingers and toes crossed!

Accidental Intercourse with Stripper
Killer thighs from down-under!