Accidental Intercourse with Stripper

Dear Dr. Bob,

I went to a strip club in Canada and was approached by a stripper who offered to give me a lap dance for $10.00 which was quite inexpensive. When she came up to me she immediately started touching my penis. While performing the lap dance she unzipped my pants (this has never happened to me before during a lap dance). Before I knew what was happening she was trying to have intercourse with me (for no additional money). I ended up pentrating her about 2" deep for about 10 seconds.

Then I put my shirt over my penis and she continued to grind against me with the shirt in between my penis and her body. When I got back to my hotel I noticed a little blood on my penis (evidently from what happened after the penetration). In your opinion what was my risk of contrating HIV from vaginal fluids that remained on my penis during the grinding motion? What is my overall risk? I'm positive that she had HIV. Why else would she be so reckless?

Please respond. I am extremely anxious about this and am experiencing symptoms that could be related to HIV.

Would an RNA test be conclusive at 6 weeks?

Thanks, Stan

Hello Stan,

"Accidental" intercourse with a stripper??? Hmmmmmm . . . OK. If you say so, I'll believe you. Millions wouldn't, but I will.

Since I wasn't there to witness all the details of this accidental nookie, the best I can say is that your estimated risk would be that of unprotected insertive vaginal sex. The risk per episode of receptive vaginal sex with an HIV-positive partner is estimated to be 0.1% to 0.2%. Your risk would be "less," because you were the insertive partner, and because we don't know the status of your bucking bronco lap rider. Also, your exposure was brief 10 seconds.

Regarding HIV testing, an ELISA test with a confirmatory Western Blot three months or more after a potential exposure is recommended for screening. PCR-RNA is not recommended for HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positive results.

Good luck on your test. We will all be sending you our best karma for a negative test result.

La depression me tue!
WHY- WHY