Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Its a bird, Its a plane........No, Its A....
May 14, 2004

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Yabba Dabba Doo, Scooby Scooby Doo, Grape Ape, Grape Ape, Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, what's up Doc (Bob)?

I am the guy (sleepless but not in Seattle, John) who gave unprotected oral to a guy later declared to be positive. I had a cold sore, swollen neck and jaw lymph nodes, barfy feeling, runny nose, cough and ear congestion 3 weeks after this ordeal, but no diarrhea, cha, cha, cha !!!! I was convinced I had HIV, but tested negative on Elisa and PCR DNA at 14 weeks. My life is so much greater now, I am so happy I am on cloud 9. I had many panic attacks during this period, but none after your comments developed some sense into me, and calmed me down a lot, and I want to thank you for that.

Well, you won your bet, your foundation will receive a $20 check per month for life, I dont what I was thinking betting against the smartest. most caring and best looking doctor in the world, but hey, its about time I woke up and started to help the world. I read somewhere that the odds of becoming a saint is 1 in 20,000,000....well, that just proves that you are definitely one in a million........

Well, Im so happy right now, and have 3 months of stress built up in me, so I am going to get all that stress out of me and head out the door right now, get in my car, and ride around for about an hour and scream lyrics to my favorite songs like a deranged idiot.

p.s. Since you are successful on your bets, whos going to win the super bowl next year, I might throw a few dollars down on who you think is going to win.

tha tha tha tha tha thats all folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non Seattle SOMNIAC John ...........

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Somniac John,

Congratulations!!! I've seen a few folks riding around in their cars smiling from ear to ear, like a Cheshire cat screaming out the lyrics to their favorite songs. I thought they were just rehearsing for American Idol tryouts. Little did I know it was the WOO-HOO-ers!

Enjoy Cloud 9, John. You have three months of happiness to catch up on!

Thank you for your very generous $20-per-month donation to my foundation. Your gifts will touch many lives, provide crucial medications and services, and promote HIV education and awareness. Your first several installments have been earmarked to help HIV-positive children. To date, AIDS has killed nearly six million kids worldwide. That's more than every child in every preschool, grade school, and high school in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, Atlanta, and Miami combined! AIDS has created over 14 million orphans worldwide. That's the equivalent of every child under five in America.

John, I truly believe in generous-hearted, compassionate folks like you who, working together, will eventually defeat this epidemic. Welcome to the fight.

I'll belt out some harmony to your WOO-HOO songs, if you want to swing by and pick me up for a drive.

Stay well. Many thanks.

Dr. Bob P.S. Write back as we get closer to the Super Bowl and I'll give you my best guess. P.P.S. Have you ever considered voice lessons? Seems every pooch in the neighborhood is howling, since you started "singing."

Previous
Doc PLEASE RESPOND!
Next
Nutt Job needs your help!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.