Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Amsterdam (No Fun Just Hell)
May 14, 2004

Dr. Bob,

Another mistake on my part. I really try to be careful; however, something always seems to go wrong. My story...while recently visiting Amsterdam, I went to the red light area. The young gal placed a condom on me, and for added protection, and what I thought would provide piece of mind (OH NO), I put on another "extra strength" Trojan. I then noticed she was putting some "lube" or lotion around her vagina. I asked if it was water based, and she replied she had never had a condom break. I looked at the bottle, but it was in a foreign friggin language. After we finished, about 3-5 minutes of normal intercourse, she removed the condoms, and I guess they looked okay...but I didn't inspect them. I'm know going crazy thinking they "melted" or obtained microscopic holes from an oil based lotion. Are my concerns warranted? I'm mad because I know the water based vs oil situation from prior readings, but got caught up in the moment! I'm hoping a small amount of oil couldn't EAT through two condoms (one EXTRA strength) in 3 minutes. Again your comments would be appreciated, and a donation is forthcoming. Bill

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Red Light Horndog, Billy Boy,

Of course the slippery stuff bottle was "in a foreign friggin' language" dude. You weren't exactly dipping your wick while shopping at the Mall of America, right?

You popped your load within three minutes while wearing two raincoats? Wow you really were horned up, now weren't you?

Relax guy. Three minutes wouldn't even get someone "hot," let alone "melt" holes through two condoms. Besides, the red light gals are pros. Prostitution is regulated in Amsterdam, and I'd be willing to bet the "lube" was indeed water-based. Those gals are as interested in protecting themselves from you as you are from them.

Thanks for your donation, Bill! It's warmly appreciated.

Stay well. You have no cause for worry over this red-light adventure!

Dr. Bob

Previous
hello! (again)
Next
Doc PLEASE RESPOND!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.