Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Doctor I am totally freaking out!! I need your HELP!!
May 13, 2004

Hey Doc Bob, Im a big fan of what you do on here and you should be proud of yourself because helping others is the greatest gift a person can give. At the end of January 2004 i recieved protected oral sex from a prostitute. To my knowledge, the condom did no break or malfunction. I ejaculated in the condom while the girl was giving me oral and the condom was in her mouth at that time. I am scared doctor that maybe she had blood in her mouth or an open sut or something like that which went through the condom and into me. I had a test done for HIV herpes and everything else in the book at 3 weeks and it cam back negative. I had another one at 7-7.5 weeks and it was also negative but over the past 3 weeks ive been sick. Ive had a sinus and throat infection and also diarriah. My gp gave me amoxcilin to kick the infection and it only kicked the thorat infection and i still have sinus problems and the dairriah is till there to. Doctor should i go and test fro hiv again now? Im totally freakin out..i cant think straight or work properly. Please doctor help me out and sorry for writin a lot. I have also sent in a cheque as a donation to the cause. Thanks, Totally Freakin Out

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Totally Freakin' Out,

The risk of HIV transmission form insertive oral sex is extremely low. That you had "protected" oral sex and the condom did not fail means that extremely low risk becomes essentially nonexistent, even if the Hoover hooker had an "open sut" (whatever that is). HIV testing is not necessary. I can assure you that whatever may be causing your symptoms, it's not HIV.

For general reference, I don't recommend HIV testing prior to three months, as the results would not be definitive. Although I don't feel an HIV test is warranted for your nonexistent exposure, it has now been more than three months since your light saber was playing hooker tonsil hockey. Consequently, an HIV-antibody test would give you a conclusive result. If that's the quickest way to resolve your irrational fears, go ahead and retest. However, if you continue to have difficulty accepting your negative status, you should consider getting some counseling. OK?

Stay well. Thank you for your donation. It's warmly appreciated.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please answer
Next
J'aurai mes resultats dans 5 jours.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.