May 13, 2004
The CDC said no risk to the following event for transimission of HIV. Can you confirm whether you agree?
HIV positive friend was shaving. Drop(at the most) of blood drops into the cup by the sink. 30 MINUTES later, I go into same bathroom, pour water into cup, and drink it. Cup is orange and had no way of seeing any blood.
Again, CDC says no risk due to history of transmission and due to how fragile the virus would have been sitting in a cup for 30 minutes. Can you reply with your thoughts?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I totally agree with the advice you received form the CDC about this highly improbable hypothetical situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Loose Stool An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Odds Of Infection Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.