WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!

Dr. Bob,

I cannot thank you enough for all of your advise and support to all of us who read these boards. It frustrates me when I see the doctors who reply with a simple "If you are concerned you have been exposed to HIV, get tested." You take the time to actually respond with lots of compassion and humor!

I too was one of those who thought I had every symptom that would lead me to believe I was HIV+. I am pleased to announce that I am not!

I can say that I am not proud of my sexual past but can remember always having protected sex, but I did wind up with genital warts in 1998 (they have not returned). I was never counseled on HIV when I received my diagnosis and never thought to be tested. Thankfully I have an amazing gynocologist (who is now my ob doctor, yes, I am now married and pregnant)who explained to me how important it is to my unborn child to be tested. I freaked for two days, couldn't sleep, couldn't concentrate, I think I read every post on this site 20 times trying to find anyone who is like me!

To everyone who is symptom surfing...PLEASE STOP! It only makes the test worse!!! You will find that you are convincing yourself that you have these symptoms. (I think I checked my tongue for thrush every 5 minutes!) And please get tested!

Thank you for all the wonderful advise and information you are truly a God send!!!!

Best Wishes, JMT

Hello JMT, WOO-HOO! Congratulations on your negative test, your marriage, and your pregnancy! I think you'll be a very compassionate and understanding mom! Stay well! Dr. Bob

scared about anal sex
Please Publish