scared about anal sex

hello dr. bob. i had a kind scary experience yesterday. I started out having protected vaginal sex and it was great. then we started to have anal intercourse, protected. but i heard a crumble in my partner's hand. he had withdrawn from me and removed the condom so he could get it in better. he was only inside me about 30 seconds if even that long before i realized what he had done and made him quit. he told me he had tested earlier this year and it was neg. my question is even if he was pos, what is my level of risk for 30 seconds anal and no ejaculation? thank you dr. bob. i would love to make a donation but i'm unemployed right now. thank you for your help :)

Hello, The risk for HIV transmission per episode of receptive penile-anal sexual exposure with a partner known to be HIV positive is estimated to be between 0.1% and 3.0%. Your estimated risk would be "lower," because we do not know the HIV status of your partner. That the exposure was brief and that no ejaculation occurred would also lower the risk to some degree. That your partner surreptitiously removed the condom during sex is indeed scary and more than a bit foolish (not to mention selfish and just plain wrong). HIV testing after the window period would be warranted, even though the odds are all in your favor. I hope you told your partner his behavior was unacceptable. He too should be tested. Regarding donations, I should remind everyone that my advice on this forum is free and available to everyone. Donations to my foundation, while urgently needed and warmly appreciated, are certainly not necessary to get a response to a question. Good luck. Dr. Bob

WOO HOO! ... please post
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO!