Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

DR. F ..LET ME KNOW

Earlier on in your forums you state that a pre mature elisa, say in a couple of posts (81-83 days being definitve). but on " strange symptoms , Mar 28, 2004" you state 84 days is not conclusive. are you just sick of guys like me nagging about premature elisa's or has your understanding in the 04 changed. On my situation:Neg Dna pcr @28,64,79 days, coupled with Neg elisa @ 28,63, 82 days.in the '04 am I woo freeakin wooable? I guess I should describe my exposure:Unprotected sex twice with two diffrent women, insertive vaginal.I am just being repetitive cause it seems your answer fluctuates between time lines. You state dna pcr's are extremely sensitive, does it's negative diagnostic value rise in the 3 month mark? I will be donating 200.00 to your foundation, please post updated info

All HIV tests have limitations. All potential HIV exposures have differences. That means there are many variables to be taken into consideration, and this is not a completely black and white situation.

In general, for most exposures, I believe the currently available HIV ELISA tests are accurate and definitive at three months. The immune system is not a pocket watch or digital calendar. It really can't tell the difference between 83 and 85 days. If you read through the extensive archives on this forum, you'll see my responses are always consistent, but have to be tempered, due to the information (or lack of information) provided. In your case for instance, unprotected insertive vaginal sex with two women of unknown HIV serostatus followed by repeatedly negative ELISA and DNA-PCR tests out to 82 days would lead me to conclude you are definitively HIV negative. In other words, yes, you are "WOO-frickin'-HOO-able!"

Regarding DNA-PCRs, I don't know what you mean by "negative diagnostic value." But, it really is a moot point, because as I said, you're "WOO-frickin'-HOO-able!" OK?

Hope that helps clarify things for you.

Thank you for your donation! It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Stay well!

reinfection
Thanks... tough past 6 months