Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

reinfection

Heterosexual couple,both poz, in love, to be married soon. In heat of passion I have had him ejaculate inside me once and have swallowed his sperm twice. How much of a risk am I at for acquiring his hiv strain assuming his is different than mine? If the damage is already done then can I continue to enjoy without inhibition? People do things in the heat of passion they ordinarily would not do otherwise. Thanks in response for your answer.

Considerable evidence exists that superinfection (acquiring a second different and potentially more aggressive HIV viral strain) does indeed occur. Exactly how often this occurs we do not know; however, the risk is real.

Is the "damage already done," because of the three episodes you describe? Not necessarily! In fact, statistically speaking, probably not!

Our best advice at this time is for HIV pozitoids to continue following safer sex practice guidelines (or clean needle use for injection drug users), even if their risk exposures are with other HIV-positive people.

No need to turn the temperature down on your "heat of passion;" just keep the condoms handy, you horndogs!!

Congratulations on the upcoming (up-and-coming?) marriage!

Be straight forward doc.
DR. F ..LET ME KNOW