Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Can I WOO-HOO????

Dr. Bob, First of all, thank you so much for your service. It really helps all of us. My question was regarding testing and your analysis of my status. I had a risky, unprotected vaginal encounter about 15 weeks ago. I had very weird signs and am experiencing strange heat in my right foot that goes away with advil. Well, I had negative tests at appx 4 weeks, at 8 weeks, and at 13 weeks. Am I in the clear? Please give me some peace of mind Doc. I've tried to contact you at least 3 times before with no rsponse. I'll donate, whatever you want to hear from you. Please let me know. Guy from Texas

Hello Guy from Texas,

Strange heat in your right foot? That's not from HIV. That's from not shaking all the scorpions out of your Tony Lama boots.

Relax, Tex, your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV, and your 13-week test can be considered definitive. Tests taken prior to three months are not considered conclusive.

Thanks for your willingness to make a tax-deductible contribution to my foundation! Details can be found on the Foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org. So now that you have your WOO-HOO can we have an oil well?

Stay well.

Copyright permisssion asking
Dr. Bob, a Kerry supporter needs advice