The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

It's chilly.... please close the window!

Apr 25, 2004

Dr. Bob, Thanks for the read! By the way, I'm sending checks both to your organizattion and the one you recommended for AIDS research. After your much appreciated opinion regarding my negative status at 19+ weeks, I happened to speak with my "ex" out of the blue. She mentioned her current boyfriend had come down with a terrible illness. He had experienced a fever for several days with accompanying neck and back soreness. I suggested she get tested which was met with an expected incredulous reaction. I doubt she will get tested. My questions are...Do her new beau's symptoms sound like ARS? Would you change your opinion as to my 12+ and 19+ week negative results and have me test again?? THANK YOU!! Jim

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Jim,

Absolutely not. The integrity and validity of your 12 and 19-week test results are not at all changed because of your ex's new beau's symptoms! No further testing is warranted in light of this new information.

Thank you for your contributions! As with all contributions to my foundation, I'll send you a formal thank-you note acknowledging your tax-deductible gift. Your gift is urgently needed and warmly appreciated. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob...Your Post-PEP advice??
HIV positive husband wants to have unprotected sex

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint