Sore throat after giving a blowjob

Hello, I am writing because I am worried I might be infected with an STD. After reading all the Fforum messages, I realize that the risk of contracting HIV from oral sex is quite low. I understand that the risk of getting other STDs is not as low, however. I gave unprotected deep-throat oral sex to guy last week and my throat has been sore ever since. I also swallowed some of his sperm. I started feeling pain in my mouth and throat right after the blowjob and it is not going away. My question is: how do I go about testing for STDs if they are in my mouth? Will blood tests detect gonorhea/clamydia/syphillis and all of those other STDs and if yes, how soon after exposure will tests be correct? Or will I have to have cultures done on my throat? If cultures are needed, do I need to go to a OB/Gyn for that? If I ask my partner to get tested for STD and the results come back negative, would that mean I am safe? Please let me know what I can do to put my mind at ease, I am freaking out and extremely scared about what I might have...

You want to go to your Ob/Gyn because your throat is sore? Geez, if you had a hemorrhoid, would you go see your eye doctor? Your internist or general medical doctor is probably the best place to start for routine STD screening. You are correct that some STD's, especially those that cause sores and blisters (like syphilis and herpes), are easy to get from all types of oral sex getting or giving. Other STD's, such as gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and NGU, are also fairly easy to contract orally. Screening for various STD's is done by a variety of different means, including some culture techniques, as well as blood tests. If your throat is sore now, a week after your deep-throating adventure, then don't wait. See your doctor now for an evaluation. He/she will know which tests to run. For a definitive HIV test, it is true that you must wait for at least three months. But don't let that stop you from getting other STD screening right away. Good luck!

A big WW WOOOOOHOOOOOO
HIV+, Doing Coke, & Having Unprotected Oral Sex