Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Stressed out by your reply
Apr 4, 2004

Dear Bob, thanks for replying to my question. I'm the guy who wrote to you regarding the strange symptoms. You replied by saying that my 84 day elisa test is not conclusive but i've checked all your previous replies and you've stated 84 days is conclusive. Are you asking me to retake my test because you feel my symptoms and type of exposure are suggestive and worrysome from an expert's point of view. I'd like your frank opinion and i believe i am able to take it at this point.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Stressed Out,

Time for me to get a bigger screen on my laptop or check the prescription on my contact lenses, as I misread your "84 days" as "74 days." Please accept my apologies. I'm glad you checked the archives and saw that three months is indeed what I was recommending. And before anyone else writes in confused, let me say that most months have 30 days, so yes, 30 days times three months would be 90 days. However, each week has seven days and there are four weeks in every month, so four (weeks) x seven (days) x three (months) is 84 days. Immunologically speaking, the 90-day (three-month) is the same as the 84-day (three month) test, OK? Hope that clears up any remaining confusion. Now, if you'll pardon me, it's time for my appointment with my optometrist!

Sorry again for the confusion and related excess stress!

Dr. Bob

Previous
DR SAN FRANCISCO,PLEASE READ XXX
Next
question from pedro

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.