Serious Question about CBC from a WW Democrat

I recently sent in a donation and got a really nice letter in return-thank you! I was also in Los Altos last week and I thought how cool it would have been to meet you.

I have a question concerning my recent CBC for an unrelated issue. All of the counts came back in range except for the lymphocyte count which was at 16% in a range starting at 20. The doctor did not even make mention of it. The total WBC was 7.4 and everything else dead center. I found out about it because he gave me a copy of the test results and I read them and of course the OCD and extreme worry has started and has gone on for 2 months now. I have read all kinds of stuff on this and find that this is typically a pre-cursor that I could be HIV infected. Or, so I am interpreting it that way.

I am a straight, white Jewish hetero male. I have never injected drugs, or had anal sex. I have had a handful of experiences giving oral (unprotected) to women I knew. I have had a good number of one time female sex partners over the years and have ALWAYS uses a new latex condom. I am 99.9 sure it has never broken or come off. For what its worth, I have been having light night sweats for about three years now.

Can you PLEASE give me some straight and reasonable advice? I can't eat, sleep or..you know...the other thing ..

Thank you and God Bless-either way, answer or not, another donation is coming.

TC

Hello Straight, White, Worried, Jewish, Hetero, OCD Male,

You "can't eat, sleep or . . . the other thing???" what might that be? Watch Seinfeld reruns?

Listen TC, if I promise not to even attempt to be a straight, white, worried, Jewish, hetero, OCD male, will you promise not to play doctor? Your doctor didn't comment on your lymphocyte count percentage because all tests must be interpreted in the context of other information and facts, including your WBC count. If you plan on freaking out every time one of your lab tests is not "dead center," you're in for a whole lotta unnecessary worry. Relax, TC. Go make some nice chicken soup and find those Seinfeld reruns on the tube. I see absolutely no cause for concern, other than the fact your OCT definitely needs a tune-up. So my straight (actually gay would be more accurate) reasonable advice is get treatment for your OCD and anxiety. As that comes under better control, you'll soon be eating like a horse, sleeping like a baby, and doing the "other thing" like an Italian.

Thanks for your donation. It's warmly appreciated and desperately needed.

Je suis au bord de la deprime, aidez moi svp
Seeking Reassurance and some answers