Elisa Test Result Was Rushed

Hi Bob , is it possible to receive an elisa antibody/antigen test result within one hour. I was told it took days to get an accurate result from this type of test. If the elisa test was rushed and results were given in one hour, can i trust the results of this test. I believe they used the newer generation elisa test. Is it possible newer generation test results can be received in one hour, i was told by a doctor it is unlikely to be accurate. Pls give your advice.

First everyone was complaining ELISA test results took too long to come back, and now you're worried they were "rushed?" OK, here's the scoop. There are two FDA-approved rapid tests: OraQuick HIV -1 Antibody Tests and SUDS HIV-1 Test. OraQuick results can be read by the provider at the site of care. Results are available within 20 minutes. Sensitivity and specificity of the test exceed 99%. Negative tests are regarded as definitive; positive tests need confirmation by standard serology (the "old" non-rapid way).

Hope that helps.

Got tested and I'm negative
BOB, We Dem's LOVE YA