Idiotic Republican abstinance plan.

Dear Dr. Bob and Calvin.

I think you guys are great, but i am concerned about the lack of education out there.

I believe the Bush Administration's stance on HIV is pathetic. Are they seriously spending millions on ABSTINANCE? Kids are going to have sex no matter what. How can you not- gay or straight? I think it is a very foolish policy, and money should be spent on things like this site. EDUCATING PEOPLE ON THE REAL RISK.

I live in florida so i will be doing everything to vote against Jeb next time. We all know Geedubya is going down.

Sincerely, PART (People against Republicans Today)

-I just came up with that lol.

Hello President and Founder of PART,

Yep, Bush is really spending millions on abstinence and more millions on strengthening "traditional marriage." And what about his ambitious new program to combat AIDS overseas that he touted in his State of the Union Address over a year ago? Well one year later a year in which over 8000 lives were snuffed out each day by the pandemic-- Bush's new global AIDS czar Randall Tobias is finally ready to announce the first round of grants. The delay of a year is an indictment of the administration's decision to create a new bureaucracy (and thereby reward some friends). The Bush Administration could (and should) have started saving lives right away by giving funds to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, an international group sponsored by the United Nations desperate for money. The Global Fund has received uniform praise from auditors for its care in effectively spending its funds. Instead, Mr. Bush stiffed the Global Fund. In fact Mr. Tobias apparently is not even offering most of the money to African groups, but rather to American contractors, who often charge a lot more for the same work. (Just look at Halliburton for a prime example!) Also worrisome is that religious groups with no AIDS work experience will be getting money as part of the administration's Faith Based programs push. Mr. Tobias backs abstinence-only education for youth, a recipe for disaster in Africa.

And as for treatment, what is the US plan for spending the precious dollars wisely? Are we planning on purchasing inexpensive generic combination antiretrovirals? These inexpensive and effective combination pills in fact do exist and are being used successfully and have been approved by the World Health Organization. This is usually a standard accepted globally, but apparently not by Mr. Tobias's office. Instead of purchasing and distributing these products immediately he wants to convene meetings to discuss safety in generic manufacturing of HIV drugs. Sure that's OK but it should not preclude using safe generics today to save lives. Did I mention Mr. Tobias was the former chief of a major pharmaceutical company Eli Lilly? We must all continually remind those in power that somewhere in the world someone dies from AIDS every 10 seconds.

Yes, let's hope Jeb and GeeDubya are heading for the unemployment line. When that happens, PART can yell YIPPEE! And that spells PARTY! (PART + Yippee = PARTY!)

Stay well. Let's Party!

Timing of ars symptoms... INFORMED question (4th attempt)
Caught with my pants down in Venezuela.. Help!!