Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is my question too hard to answer ?
Mar 22, 2004

Hi Calvin, thank you and dr Bob for the great job, may God bless you. Would you please answer my case i am really worried this is the 4th time i resend the same inquiry.

I had intercourse with a girl i just met. I dont know much about her. I was of course wearing a condom. But before the intercourse there was a foreplay, and i had her vaginal secretion on my fingers (i suppose u know wut i mean) soi decided that i should wear the condom before things get out of hand. So with my fingers full of her vaginal secretion i started wearing the condom but it turned out it was the wrong way to put it , finally i managed to wear it correctly and had protected sex with her but i was shocked coz i remembered that i had her secretions all over my condom from my fingers when i was first wearing the condom and that if she has HIV i might catch it! Do u think i am at risk ? Should i worry? My friends told me not to worry coz Hiv would have died in the air but i had her vaginal secretions and they were still wet on my fingers and i am sure my condom got some when i was wearing it! PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE , thanks .

Response from Mr. Spinks

Hello reader,

You can relax! You don't have to worry about becoming infected with the above mentioned activity. There was contact with vaginal secretions, but no probable way for enough of the virus to enter your bloodstream and infect you!!

When looking at risk for HIV infection, you must remember the following:

A) A person must be exposed to pre-cum, semen, vaginal secretions, breast milk OR blood from an infected person.

B) HIV has to get directly into your system through a fresh cut, abrasion, open sore or mucus membrane.

C) Transmission must happen quickly due to HIV not surviving more than a few minutes outside of the body.

Take care and be safe!

Previous
Hey Cal please respond
Next
C'est encore moi Dr Bob

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.