Wooo....Hoooo...... Maybe. Unapproved HTKITS unreliable....

I want to let everyone know that the home kits that you buy on the internet are crap. I got one and got an inconclusive and I did not sleep or eat for a week. I got so stressed out that I didn't even go to work or socialize with my friends. Bob, I got my test at 11 weeks. It was the Orasure test and it was negative. Do you think I can get a Woo hoo? My only risky behavior was protected VS and unprotective insertive oral. I guess that really isn't that risky after all, but I do get worried. Great work Bob and I will give a donation. It won't be much since I am a broke college student, but I will give what I can.

Hello Broke College Stud,

Some quick lessons you may not have learned in college (so far):

1. Unapproved tests, like the crap on the Internet, are unapproved for a reason. And that reason is that they are usually crap!! Approved tests are readily available.

2. Protected vaginal sex should not pose an HIV risk, if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Insertive oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission.

3. Every month contains four weeks. That means three months would comprise 12 weeks. HIV antibody tests would be considered definitive at three months (12 weeks).

Those are the facts, College Guy. I think your risk of contracting HIV from this episode is extremely low, but your HIV tests are not considered definitive until three months.

Good luck, stay well, and thank you for the donation!

condoms ARE effective
Straight men Don't Get HIV?