Why PEP could not save you Dr Bob

I am very sorrow to learn that you, a good doctor who give many generous supports to fight HIV, hot seroconverted in an accident.

But why PEP could not save you?

My hollow-bore needlestick and laceration occurred in January 1991. We didn't know too much about PEP way back then. I did take AZT immediately after the incident, but since the patient I was performing the procedure on was in the advanced-stages of the disease and had taken AZT himself for quite some time, there was probably a good chance his strain of virus was resistant to that drug.

Please don't feel bad about my situation. My life has been and continues to be a great joy. If I die tomorrow, I'll be able to say I've had a wonderful life while here on earth. If I don't die tomorrow, there are still many things on my "to do" list to experience, accomplish, and enjoy. I consider myself one very lucky guy.

Stay well.

long time reader first time questioner
Back from Bio and got mono