Mutual Masturbation

Hello, I am a bisexual man & have only recently begun to engage in sexual activities with other men. My question is this, if you masturbate another man for a short time, 30 secs., is there any chance of HIV infection. I had some small everyday cuts on my hands, but none were open at the time and he did not ejaculate. I realise the risk is tiny but an answer would greatly help me. Thank you for the wonderful service you provide.

Response from Mr. Spinks

Hello reader,

When looking at risk for HIV infection, you must remember the following: A) a person must be exposed to pre-cum, semen, vaginal secretions, breast milk and blood from an infected person. B) HIV has to get directly into your system through a fresh cut, abrasion, open sore or mucus membrane. C) transmission must happen quickly due to HIV not surviving more than a few minutes outside of the body.

In your situation, you stated that your partner never ejaculated and that your small cuts weren't fresh or open. So, it's questionable if you came into contact with semen or if there was a way for the virus to enter your bloodstream. Even if all the conditions were there, (open cut and semen ejaculated on the cut) there is only a theoretical risk for infection. There haven't been any documented cases of infection by this scenario!!

HIV can only be contracted by: A) Sexual contact (unprotected anal, vaginal oral sex) B) Sharing dirty needles with a HIV infected person, blood-to-blood contact, occupational exposures or blood transfusions (which are rare in the United States) C) From a mother to child during delivery or through breast feeding

So, in your case there is no likelihood of HIV transmission. Thanks and be safe!

will i be putting myself at risk?
PLEASE CALVIN WORRIED IN BAY AREA